This year Halloween has kind of been a disappointment for our family. It all started on Monday when Steel came down with some sort of crazy flu/cold bug, then passed it on to me who has since passed it on to Sophie and Zach. Thankfully Shay has not gotten sick yet we need someone to be our nurse. But this meant we had to cancel a lot of the fun Halloween Festivities. Bummer for the kids and big bummer for Mom. Yet despite it all they were able to do a few things. Zach had his special Pumpkin Night at school, Shay took him since Steel and I were sick, and Zach got to have a Halloween Parade on Thursday at school. Steel and I were feeling a little better so we were able to at least go and watch and Friday Shay took the kids trick or treating downtown, since it is a big event and I was sick. Zach had not gotten sick yet so we figured they would be okay for a little while. Unfortunately that night Zach and Sophie got sick so today we had to miss the fun party at our Friends house,the Hoopes, and the kids did not get to go to the Ward Trunk or Treat or trick or treating it is very very sad. . Funny because this is the one year I actually spent money on the kids costumes. Go figure. Hope the rest of your Halloweens were better than ours at least I got a couple of pictures to share.
Zach at his school carving a Bat Pumpkin with Dad
Friday afternoon trick or treating yeah at least the costumes got put on once!!
trying to get a good shot of Sophies Ladybug costume
Downtown trick or treating
Uncle Roger loves Zach's costume because he LOVES Batman!! Micah loves Steel's costume because she was a pirate last year!! Aunt Mindi thinks Sophie is super duper cute...
ReplyDeleteSo sorry! That stinks so bad. Luckily Jack recovered enough for us to go tonight. The rest of us haven't gotten sick. Good luck recovering.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the costumes!! (I forgot to mention that in the last comment:)) The little lady bug is so adorable and I love batman and the pirate too!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you guys are sick! At least they got to wear the costumes for something.... cute, cute, cute by the way!
ReplyDeleteYou're right - it's always the year we go big when everyone gets sick. We've had 2 years in a row of being sick over Christmas, so we're crossing our fingers this year we'll be well! Of course I'll be in the hospital anyway delivering a baby - go figure.
ReplyDelete