Yesterday Sophie showed such great strides in her recovery that they gave us the clear to send her home. We didn't get home until last night and as she threw up on the car drive home I began to wonder if they sent us home too soon. However, she was very happy to see her room and sleep in her own bed. So far she is doing well, Shay and I are now her nurses and we will have to still wake her up every so often to change her gauze pads on her side that are still leaking out fluids as well as give her antibiotics every 8 hours. The antibiotics come in a pill form that has to be broken up in food, apparently it is so nasty chocolate pudding doesn't even do the trick. So we will be shoving pudding down her throat 3 times a day for 9 days. In fact we had to wake her up at 6am to do it so I am sure she will never want to see pudding again after all this is done. However, she is loving being able to sleep the rest of the time and not have wires and tubes in her yeah!! So I now have hand sanitizer all over the house and I have already done about 10 loads of laundry trying to keep all her stuff clean and stuff she gets fluid on or on us constantly cleaned and disinfected. Thankfully my Mom and Grandma came up to my house yesterday, before they even knew we would be coming home, and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected everything. Wow I look forward to when the scare is over but feel confident it will all be okay. We have a Christmas Miracle for sure and will never forget this experience, thanks for everyones love and support and prayers it means so much to us we feel so blessed. My heart is very full of gratitude.
We are so grateful she is home too! We'll sure miss your boys here - call if they get too crazy and we'll come get them. Jessi & Josh especially are sad to see them go. You have done such a great job with your family Diana (ok Shay's helped a little)
ReplyDeleteO my goodness Diana! What a scary experience! O! I am glad she is doing better and glad she is home. You will all be in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am so glad she is home! I pray for her to continue to do well and you to all have a wonderful Christmas together!!! We miss you lots!
ReplyDeleteoh thank thank goodness!!! Diana, you should write a christmas book about this... what a miracle! Love you and your fam sooo much!
ReplyDeleteGlad all is going so well. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete