Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Fun!!

We were lucky to have such good weather for Halloween this year. It was Sunny, cool but not cold and just felt like fall in every way. This year I was asked to be in charge of Steel's Halloween Party at school I was kinda nervous about it particularly since his teacher originally told me i had an hour, after calling all the Mom's that were willing to help and dishing out assignments, I found out that the party was cut down to only a half hour. However, I think it turned out alright.  In addition to the kids having parties at school, they had a costume parade at school and then we took them trick or treating downtown. They got so much candy that Sophie's pumpkin basket broke! Later that night we took them to a few houses to have the real trick or treat experience.  Now we have so much candy I think I will be needing to get rid of most it before my kids suffer permanent health issues. They at least had fun though.

 Zachary was a Air Force, Top Gun, Pilot, Sophie Rapunzel and Steel a Race Car Driver

 The weekend before Halloween, we went to a super fun party at our friends the Hoopes House
 After our friends party we headed over to a little party put on by the Rec. center, the kids got to paint pumpkins, do a craft and play a few games for would you know it, more candy!!

 Sunday night we had fun decorating Halloween sugar cookies
 This is at Steel's Class party at school, Sophie was so excited that she could come with me and Steel was so kind to her, he is such a sweetie.

 Here we are Trick or Treating downtown
All worn out after doing our last bit of Trick or Treating
 This is what we woke up to the very next day!! I think we might have gotten at least 4-6 inches of snow. Most of it has since melted but it has been super chilly it was 9 degrees when I took the kids to school today so not all of it is going away yet.
 I may not have been super thrilled with the sudden onset of snow but the kids were thrilled and had fun playing it before school. I guess it pays to be early risers sometimes.
 Sophie is trying to do a snow angel and is grinning from ear to ear.
Here is Zachary's snowman he built super quick before school, I was very impressed

3 comments:

  1. So much Halloween fun! I know, we have tons of candy too. I am trying not to eat it all...

    Miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure loved hanging out with you this last weekend. You should have brought the candy with you - I'm sure we could have made at least a dent right? Love the snow & my kids are hoping for some here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, I love how much our families are alike! your kids remind me so much of mine and I know our lives are almost parallel....love ya

    ReplyDelete